How to Make tandoori Chicken tikka at Home | KPH Media
In India and the middle eastern countries, Tandoori Chicken Tikka is a popular dish. It is possible to prepare chicken tikka in many ways, such as chicken tikka biryani, chicken tikka roll, or chicken tikka curry. Chicken Tandoori tikka can be served as a snack or a meal at any time. Chicken tandoori tikka is flavored with curd, roasted gram flour, carom seeds, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, and other seasonings.
Non-vegetarians will enjoy this recipe. Here is a recipe for restaurant-style chicken tikka you can make at home. To make the chicken taste tandoor-style, I fire-grilled it on the stovetop using a gas stove. If you don’t have an oven, you can cook the same smokey, juicy chicken on a gas stove. The gas stove burner can be used to fire grill your chicken. You do not have to compromise. There is no need to use an oven for this recipe.
Make delicious tandoori chicken tikka by following this recipe step by step:
- 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, mustard oil
- 2 tsp gram flour, lemon juice,
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds and red food color
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala Kasuri methi, and chaat masala
- Prepare the chicken by cleaning it and cutting it so the marinade seasoning can be infused into it.
- In a bowl, mix chicken with ginger-garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, and lemon juice. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating for 20 minutes, heat oil on medium heat, add carom seeds and gram flour. Stir continuously while roasting the flour for a few minutes on medium flame.
- When the chicken is done, add the flour mixture, yogurt, garam masala, chaat masala, salt, red food color, and Kasuri methi. Mix well and marinate the chicken for 4 to 5 hours.
- Pour some mustard oil into a pan, then add the marinated chicken to the pan. Smear some oil on the chicken if necessary to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Cover the pan with a lid for 15 to 20 minutes on low heat. So that the chicken is cooked properly with a juicy texture. After 4-5 minutes, flip the chicken pieces and cover them again with a lid on medium heat.
- When the chicken is dried up, remove the lid, lower the heat, and cook for a few minutes. Turn off the heat when the chicken is dry. The chicken should be raised with tongs (chimta) and flame-grilled for one minute on medium flame. During grilling, there will be brown/black spots on the chicken. Don’t burn it, just grill it for 1-2 minutes, and the chicken is ready to eat when it’s done.
- Sprinkle with chaat masala and serve hot.